Honoring our commitment to both form and function, Union Mill offers teachers and nonprofits a beautiful space to live and work, in a lively urban community dedicated to green living, modern functionality and a communicative, collaborative lifestyle.
A breath of fresh air.
The dramatic heart of the mill is a half-acre courtyard—four levels of carefully programmed space designed to make you forget you’re in the middle of a bustling city. Unwind and enjoy the great outdoors as you relax on the Adirondack porch, savor lunch in the “urban forest,” and mingle with fellow teachers and nonprofit neighbors. Or enjoy a spring night’s concert on the events lawn.
- On-site café
- Outdoor yoga and pilates patio
- Separate apartment and nonprofit lounges
- Outdoor seating and eating areas
- Events lawn
- Adirondack chairs
- Smart slope living walls
- Free state of the art fitness center
- Industrial artifacts salvaged from the building
- Active social programs and events
Union Mill is the first redevelopment project in the City of Baltimore to be certified under the Baltimore City Green Building Standards.